Sunday, October 12, 2014

50000 Views and making myself a douchebag

I've finally realised what my biggest problem with feminism is...I know we've been over this and people will just hate me more for my opinion but HEAR ME OUT! I've stumbled across the video for Nicki Minaj's song Anaconda recently while zapping through tv, nooo I'm not making this up, I had watched the video online and muted before for the things you're thinking of but the realisation of my problem really came while watching the video a second time while zapping through, so I listen to this masterpiece of awfullness and I realize a horrible horrible truth, a "Golddigger" is considered a much more "empowered" woman than a stay-at-home mom. I thought of the arguments that might be chosen to counter this but honestly, I'm pretty sure my argument is solid, I've argued about how Nicki Minaj is a raving feminist recently and my point was that all she's using is her looks to be famous and of course the other party in the argument said that that may be true but her music itself is just an expression of herself and she's just using her "advantages" to market herself. A Golddigger is doing the same thing, she gets a rich old man because of her looks and lets him pay for everything, that is empowered, that is a woman that uses her talents and skills to get what she wants while a stay-at-home mother is OF COURSE not doing what she wants...my thought process might be a little jumbled but the core point stands.

-adios,D.

No comments:

Post a Comment