Sunday, January 29, 2017

Sometimes an apology is all that is needed

I was gonna do a rant about racism and ideology today, I had it all planned out in my head yesterday night but what does it truly matter? All it'll do is make people think I'm a racist asshole when in truth all I want is to correct people on their use of words.
Whatever I'll do it anyways, here goes:
Banning all muslims is not racism.
Banning all jews while slightly more arguable is not technically racism.
Is it morally wrong? Of fucking course, you shouldn't ban someone for a faith, usually you're born into that sort of thing and even if you're not, religion has spread so far and changed so much over the years and from person to person that one person can call themselves one thing even though their actions and thoughts are completely contrary to it, grandma only goes to church on christmas, if at all and weird uncle bob who has changed to hinduism loves his monday mcdonalds big mac.
My point is that a faith is not a race, racism is [mass noun] Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior: meaning that banning all people from a group of countries would be racist because you are assuming everyone from those countries is muslim, that's prejudice. But saying that banning all people from these countries means banning all muslims is equally as racist because you ALSO seem to assume that everyone from those countries is muslim.
Tl;dr: Trump isn't banning all muslims from entering the country, that choice of words is poor and prejudicial. What he's doing is in my opinion even as bad if not worse, but the wrong use of words here makes you look like an idiot to me.

-adios,D.

No comments:

Post a Comment