Sunday, May 1, 2016

In honor of Prince, David Bowie, Michael Jackson and Elvis Presley

In memory of Prince, Elvis, Bowie and Jackson, some of the greatest musical minds in recent memory and in history alike.
My father was and is a giant Prince fan, personally I never quite liked his voice but could appreciate what he was able to do and did for music and I appreciated the way my father loved the man. I know that he was a genius and much more than that I knew that he wasn't one of those people where you went: oh yeah of course that guy died. It was a genuine shock to me that he had died and an emotional hit, maybe even moreso than when I had heard of Bowie and Jackson dying but I don't think you can quantify the shock of someone's death really. But when I had heard of his death I just thought back at how many amazing, talented people this year had already ripped from us and I just knew that I had to make a comic about some of them.

-adios,D.

No comments:

Post a Comment